I don’t know what’s happening in the world of Canadian politics right now; there are some truly strange/bizarre/disturbing articles that have come out in the past week or so. Some of these stories I literally just have to shake my head at and wonder how we got here. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
- Winnipeg NDP candidate quits over social media posts linking Jewish sect to Taliban
- Tory candidate Gordon Giesbrecht equates abortions with Holocaust, 9-11
- This Alberta Libertarian Candidate Is Giving Away a Gun to Attract Campaign Donors
- Jewish groups ‘astonished’ that NDP candidate not aware of Auschwitz
- Former NDP Candidate Sandra Arias Made Fun of The Special Olympics
It’s also worth it to take a look at this article, for a list of candidates, party officials who have made headlines for various gaffes.