People, we’re on day 42 of election 42 – this has to be marked somehow, no?
This was my effort to mark the day:
My main task today was a site visit for an upcoming fundraiser that’s being held for Jim Carr in Winnipeg South Centre. As I’ve mentioned before, fundraisers are extremely important; campaigns are expensive. The goal of any fundraiser is to make as much money as possible while spending the least amount you can. But you also have to make sure that your guests feel like they’re being appreciated. Having good food and beverages is the best way to do that. While doing the site visit today, I was treated to samples of what the menu will be. It was such a nice mid-afternoon treat!
What goes into a site visit? Here are some of the things I look for:
- Is it wheelchair accessible?
- Where can we put a registration table?
- Is there audio equipment set up or do I have to bring my own?
- Is there a spot for people to go outside or get some fresh air?
- Is it pass around appetizers or stations? If it’s a station, where would be the best spot for it?
- How accessible are the washrooms? Will they be blocked by anything? I like to keep the food station as far as possible from the washroom
- Are multiple bartenders possible?
- Where is the best place to put up promotional materials? Can we put up materials?
(Hopefully this list will help you in planning your next event.)
We’re just in the process of finalizing some details before I can advertise the date and location. I’m looking forward to seeing as many people as possible out to support Jim – he’s someone we need to elect to the House of Commons and send to Ottawa. If you want to make a donation, feel free to click the donate button below.